Thursday, September 15, 2011

After my divorce hearing, will they mail me a divorce certificate? How long does it take?

I already had my divorce hearing, and the judge signed off on everything, but i forgot to ask if they were mailing me the paperwork. Are they going to mail a divorce certificate? And if so, about how many weeks will it take?|||Yes, all courts will mail a final divorce decree however when depends on the state and the court.


Some states have waiting periods after the divorce papers have been filed. Some will require a wait of 30, 60 days even up to 6 months after the papers have been filed before you are legally divorced.


If your state has a waiting period, you will receive papers by mail once the time has expired. If not, it should not take more than a few weeks to a month, all depending on how busy the clerks office is.|||After divorce you may need to file a motion to make minor adjustments etc... Legal Sheet has a tool kit that I found was a big help. The journal came in handy for my case because my abusive former spouse would not leave me alone.http://familycourttoolkit.blogspot.com/

Report Abuse


|||Mine took six weeks. And you may be surprised to find out when the judge actually signs the document! I thought I was divorced and got married, only to learn later he hadn't actually signed it until the day after I married my second wife!|||When I got divorced, I got my divorce certificate that day, just ask the court as soon that will have it ready for you|||Your Lawyer should send you one.|||yeah they do I got mine about a month later

No comments:

Post a Comment