Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How to support Sister going through divorce?

I am somewhat estranged from my sister who lives across the country, but found out through family that she is having a really hard time and her husband is pushing for a divorce. What is the best way for a family to support a sister going through a divorce? If you've gone through a divorce, what support did you find helpful?|||there's really nothing you can do but tell her you love her and if she ever needs anything you will be there for her.|||I found it best that family stay out of the situation in all 3 of my divorces. You can offer moral support but don't get involved too much in the situation.|||Maybe just reach out to her on the phone, and listen to her, if she wants to talk. This might be a way for the two of you to get closer, because it is sad that you are estranged.|||dont be to intrusive.. just let her know that if she needs to talk or anything you will be there for her|||just call your sister and let her know that you are there if she needs anything ... I went through a divorce and really only needed the comfort of my son while going through the divorce as I asked for it first

No comments:

Post a Comment