Sunday, September 18, 2011

How do I file for divorce from Canada when my husband lives in another country?

We have been living separately for 3 years now and I would like to file for divorce here in Canada. I have been researching and I could not find anything. I just need to know where to go, who exactly to talk to and steps I need to take.|||You obtain the divorce where you reside it doesn't matter if he is in another country. Oh should say you will likely still be required to serve him court documents, in your case you would send them to him through the mail.|||Get a lawyer, file for divorce in Canada and serve the papers by registered mail so you have documentation that they have been served.|||Maybe you could call a lawyer and make an appointment and see if the lawyer will give you a free consultation. Some attorneys do that for clients. Check it out and then you will know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment