Sunday, September 18, 2011

How do I serve divorce papers to spouse working on a cruise ship?

My spouse works for a cruise line. Is it possible to serve divorce papers while he is in port (he is only there one day every two weeks) if it is a different state than the one you are filing in?|||I would suggest contacting the cruise line directly and ask them how to deliver mail to someone working aboard a specific vessel. Other than that, you could try contacting the harbor master for one of the ship's port of calls, sometimes they deliver mail too. Having worked on board a ship before I can tell you that things mail to people on board does not always arrive whether timely or sometimes ever. You could try a courier service too.


Then again, you could always wait until this person gets through with their contract - contracts range from a couple of weeks to near 10 months (though I knew one lady who had a 13 month contract via extensions).


Best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment