Thursday, September 15, 2011

Whats the difference between contested and uncontested divorce and whats the duration ?

me and my spouse are planning to seperate and divorce. I would like to know how long does contested divorce and uncontested divorce take place ? also, is there a time frame for legal seperation ? if so how long is it ? and what is the time frame for uncontested divorce ? how long does contested divorce take ?


To add to this, I also do not own any property as im just renting an apartment will I have to pay anything for spousal support ? I also do not have any kids with my spouse.Please advise.|||From what I understand an uncontested divorce is where both party's want the divorce. A contested divorce is where one of the party's don't want the divorce. Also I think an uncontested divorce takes a lot less time. They said my uncontested divorce will take about a month and we probably wont even have to stand before a judge. I live in Georgia.|||i'm not sure of the duration parts, but in some states there is a period of seperation NC being one of them you have to be seperated a year before filing for divorce. However in Nevada you can get married and divorce in a few hours so check the state you are in.|||don't know what the laws are in Canada or your Province, but here uncontested divorce you only need one lawyer for both parties. here you just need to be separated for 90 days and agree on the terms. it should not take too long. i think in my case it was 60-90 days after it was filed. maybe a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment