Thursday, September 15, 2011

Can a divorce be stopped in PA once it goes before a divorce master?

My husband filed for divorce almost 3 years ago and we have been to the divorce master. Our pretrial conference is set for Jan 21, and now my husband says he's withdrawing the divorce and stopping it. Can he do that? My lawyer is out of town til 15th. Thanks!|||Yes, until the day the judge signs the final decree, the complaint can be withdrawn. You are powerless to stop your husband if he's determined to withdraw the complaint.





You can always tell him that should he withdraw, you will file the same day.|||I disagree with this answer. In fact, I lived through it. Once a divorce is filed, it can not be withdrawn except by both parties. If you still want your divorce, you will get it. Don't sweat it, just keep on your lawyer to get things filed, etc.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment