Thursday, September 15, 2011

How do I switch legal separation over to divorce without having a lawyer?

I am currently legally separated but I would like to get it switched to divorce. Been legally separated for 6 months now and want a completed divorce, but she won't change it. My ex wife has a lawyer and she is the one that filed for legal separation. I would like to switch it over to divorce but I do not have a lawyer. So how can I do this? I live in Indiana.|||Go down to the Court and ask the clerk for the forms that you need to fill out and file. I don't know about Indiana, but where I live and work (Maricopa County Arizona) our Superior Court has all their forms online. You might want to check to see if your county does too.|||You're avitar is female...are you really a man?





Anyway, I think you will need a lawyer. Uncontested divorces can be as low as $500-700, but is hse's contesting, it could get a lot more expensive. Have you tried asking her what you need to do to move to the next step? If she will not communicate with you, you need to hire a lawyer to communicate with her lawyer. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment