Thursday, September 15, 2011

How do I get a cheap divorce without using a divorce attorney?

I know that divorce for men is not easy. My partner and I are done, so how do I leave my ex without spending all my money on a divorce lawyer? Is there a way to get a free divorce? Any divorce advice that will help me win my divorce is greatly appreciated.|||Hey Greg,





I have been divorced once already and am going through my second divorce, this time without a divorce attorney. A cheap divorce for men is tough, and knowing how to get a divorce without breaking the bank is even tougher. I just came across http://newdivorcetactics.com/ and there is some great advice for men and women planning a divorce here. This site is filled with divorce tactics and strategies that will allow you to learn how to move on, and keep the divorce attorneys from stealing everything you and your ex have accumulated. I love my kids and get along with my ex, but not enough to go bankrupt in the process. Hope this helps you figure out how to get a divorce!|||the answer really is not to get an attorney right away, get DIVORCE PLANNER -they will cut down your expenses on divorce..a lawyer will just milk you large billable hours, while a planner will help you work your divorce within your budget http://www.baumeandco.com.au/divorcePlanning

Report Abuse


|||Legal Sheet has a tool kit that can help you to file motions and order after hearing paperwork. I found it to be very helpful and had pictures to help me understand. http://familycourttoolkit.blogspot.com/

Report Abuse


|||The answer really depends on where you live. The law is different for each state. There is no reason for a divorce to be costly and certainly not for it to cost more for a man than a woman. The law is gender neutral.





If you live in California, it is not difficult to get a divorce especially if you can both agree on the custody, support and property. I have helped many people complete their divorces for little cost. If you live in San Diego, you can get the links to the forms, proper location for filing and Court websites on my website or Facebook page. If your income is limited you can file with the court a request for a fee waiver. Without a fee waiver you will have to pay the filing fee for the divorce.





Please do NOT get legal advice from a paralegal. I can't tell you how many times a party has come into my office to have me fix problems due to "legal advice" they received and papers they filed at the instruction of a paralegal. Paralegals are also not allowed, by law, to give legal advice.





There are many attorney's, like myself, who are willing to simply help parties "do it themselves". Otherwise, you can also go to the facilitators office at the courthouse. It is free.





I hope this was helpful. If you do not live in San Diego, CA - you should consult an attorney in your area and contact the courthouses to find out about programs that can help you.





Best of Luck,





Rivka Israel, Esq.|||If you both agree to the divorce and to how things are going to be distributed, then you can get the paperwork and do it yourselves. If there are children. involved or lots of money and either of you wants some, then you'll have no choice but to get lawyered up. Have you tried marriage counseling?|||You can get a paralegal to draft up an separation agreement that you can both agree on and have them draw up your divorce papers and submit them yourself to the courts.|||Contact the court and ask their policy on pro se.





Pro se (pro say) is Latin for self representation.





I did it. Worked fine. Even after 23+ yr marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment